Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Around the clock

Default Re: Around the clock

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*oakdryad5 View Post
    Does he know that his comments are hurting you? Because he needs to know.

He is not your boss, he is your partner and he needs to be reminded of that (calmly, preferably with a list of specific things he can do that will help, the minimum being that his negative comments need to stop).
    Choose a calm time of day, when the kids aren't underfoot, and let him know- calmly and firmly- that his comments are hurting you, that they need to stop, and that if he wants to improve life for everyone he needs to provide you with more assistance and less criticism.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

my DH would not last long in our household if he did what your DH is doing.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

I've started making crock pot meals. That sounded like the simplest thing I could do, and so far so good. I had a talk with DH, and he shared that those things came out really bad. He also understands that things are just going to be this way for awhile. He and I will need to readdress the issue, though, cuz things will only get worse when I go back to work in two weeks. I'm managing to get stuff done during my little 10-15 minute breaks, whether it be folding a load of laundry, or just throwing another load in. It's working out.

Something I was not expecting was my period to show up. With DD, despite supplementing, my period didn't return until we weaned. Now, I'm not even three months postpartum, and I'm spotting. DS has been doing cluster feeding longer at night and longer in the middle of the night, I guess that makes sense now. Is it normal for it to come back sooner with subsequent babies? I'm not nursing any less than I did with DD.

You will really like having a good carrier or two. The ergo is great- I've often said I would die without mine. Or feel like it anyways. I would have suggested that.

Another option to consider with crock pot meals is to make either a big batch or if you can (maybe borrow one from someone if you can't buy an extra one) prep two crock pot's worth and do two meals and then freeze the other if its freezer friendly or eat it the next day too. I do that.

As for periods yes its different with each baby. With DD1 it was 11 months DD2 was 9 months and DD3 I have spotted each month for many months just one spot and felt like it was coming and nothing yet fully. Each baby is different.
    Mommy to 3 beautiful girls!

I have a mobe wrap, an ergo and now a ring sling. DS ws too small for the ergo w/out the infant insert, and I haven't tried using it again with it. I'm not abig fan of the mobe wrap. I have tried it many times and just can't find my groove with it. Oh, I also have an Infantino carrier, but it's very difficult nursing in it. I'm really hoping the sling works out for nursing.

I hadn't considered making a double batch of dinners. I do have two crockpots, so this is totally doable. Thank you!

I guess I could just end up spotting this month, without getting a full blown period. When you spotted month after month did it affect your supply around the time you were spotting?

ok, so now i have another concern. I swear this crap just doesn't ever smoothe out. I just changed DS's diaper, and it was green clayish type poop. Well, there was a thick, green poop that he really struggled to push out, and then after he pushed that out it was softer, but still green and clayish... slightly seedy. Not liquidy at all. I actually tried to "mold" the first plug in the diaper, and it really didn't change shape too much. I just don't understand. he has a ton of wet diapers every day, but this makes me wonder if he's constipated. As some of you know, we nurse all day, though he's been getting between 3-5oz of formula each day. Is that enough formula to make him constipated? Does this mean he isn't getting enough breast milk? All of his diapers are wet, though maybe 3-4 of them are REALLY wet. He's gaining.

ETA: For the first few weeks PP, he was nursing exclusively, but wasn't gaining or pooping. He appeared to have been gaining well with our new routine... nursing, and getting about 5oz of formula per day...but now this.

did he seem uncomfortable/straining/in pain while pooping? assuming no, i'd probably wait and see if this is a pattern before i got concerned.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

He was straining... actually he was pushing for a good three or four minutes before he was able to push it out. It wasn't pellet like. Maybe peanut butter consistency.

i think pellet means dehydrated. i wouldn't worry about it at all, but i would watch the next few poops. is he on any foods at all besides the 5 oz/day formula?
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

nope