Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Do I have some kind of fungus?

Default Do I have some kind of fungus?

Hi,
    My LO is almost 10 months and still nurses on demand, eats some food 3 times a day and is gaining weight fine. Recently I noticed some spots on my breasts (not the nipples that I can tell, but not sure). The spots are a little bit reddish and dry, they look like what I would think of fungus-type, I noticed that I only had one or two and now I have more and they have spread also to my other breast. I don't know if this has to do with breastfeeding at all or not, I haven't noticed any different nursing pattern from my baby, but wanted to check instead someone knows it could affect him. Thanks!

Default Re: Do I have some kind of fungus?

Has he been twiddling?

Way too lazy for formula

just a little bit, but not that much.

So you don't think these are scratches from sharp little fingernails?

If you suspect a fungus, I'd start by practicing rigorous hygiene (change you bra every day, wash bras and towels on hot), getting plenty of fresh air on the suspect spots, and maybe take a trip to Dr. Google for pictures of fungal infections of the skin. Ringworm, for example, has a very characteristic pattern that even a layperson can see. And if you feel like the spots are spreading or growing or becoming irritating, go to see the real doctor!

Well it sound like Psoriasis to me. Which I got stress induced psoriasis from my baby twiddling.

Way too lazy for formula