Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: still in search of the perfect bottle...

Default still in search of the perfect bottle...

I'm dreaming of a specific bottle set-up and I'm hoping someone has found something that will work. I've got a bunch of the Evenflo classic glass bottles and also a bunch of Medela bottles. They all have the same "standard" thread pattern.

I'm looking for a WIDE base, SLOW FLOW nipple that I can use with these. So far I've come up with the Medela Calma nipples which meet all of my requirements in theory, but my baby has had a hard time getting the hang of it. We'll keep trying but in the mean time, does anyone know of any others? Thanks!

Default Re: still in search of the perfect bottle...

I like Tommee Tippee bottles. We only own one bottle, and that's the one, we love it!

Tommee Tippees are very wide. They seem to do well. Used Nuk Orthodontic for DD; not as wide, but they work with Green To Grow bottles as well.

Thanks!! Does anyone know if any of these are compatible with the standard threaded bottles? ie if the bottle would fit onto a medela pump connector? Thanks

We use the Avent bottles (both "classic" and "natural"). They both have a wide base (the "natural" is especially like a real nipple and has less parts) and we use the size 1 newborn, slow flow. My DD is almost 7 months now and they've worked great. They are not themselves compatible with the Medela pump connector, but you can purchase adaptors to make them so.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-AVENT-...=avent+adapter

It's a shame that the medela pump connector doesn't fit most of the wide-base bottles. But this adaptor should do the trick.
    Blessed with DS - born 9/2/09 - nursed/pumped for 12 months
    Blessed with DD - born 3/27/12 my dreamfeeder

903 ounces donated.
    http://www.wakemed.org/landing.cfm?id=135

Thanks!! I don't think that will help me though. I'm not sure if I have this right, but the adapter will allow for you to use the Avent bottle with the Medela pump... But I want to use the Avent nipples with my Medela/EvenFlo bottles. Would the same adapter work for that?

I used (I think) the gerber nuk nipples that have a wide base and slow flow, supposed to 'be for breastfeeding babie's. I had evenflo bottles, and they fit on both my lansinoh and medela pump connectors.
    Full time working Mom to 3, DH is my hero as a SAHD:
    DS July'09, nursed for 12 weeks
    DD1 & DD2 April'11, tandem nursed for 16 months

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sprocket View Post
    Thanks!! I don't think that will help me though. I'm not sure if I have this right, but the adapter will allow for you to use the Avent bottle with the Medela pump... But I want to use the Avent nipples with my Medela/EvenFlo bottles. Would the same adapter work for that?
    Oh - gotcha. No, I don't think you can use the Avent nipples with the Medela/EvenFlo bottles. The adaptor just lets you pump (with your Medela pump) directly into the Avent bottles.
    Blessed with DS - born 9/2/09 - nursed/pumped for 12 months
    Blessed with DD - born 3/27/12 my dreamfeeder

903 ounces donated.
    http://www.wakemed.org/landing.cfm?id=135

Hmmm, no idea on that second question. I just use the medela all the time for storage and the others for actual feeding.