Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much Fenugreek??

Default Re: How much Fenugreek??

Thanks for all the imput ladies.
    My pumping schedule is 8:30am, 11am, 1:30pm, & 4pm. Then I go home and BF my little guy until the next morning when I get to work. I would like to get 2-3 more ounces a day. So far today I have pumped 2 times and already got 7 1/2 oz. It is a good day today so far. Hopefully it will keep going. I am afraid to take my meds for my UTI, because I am afraid it is effecting my milk production.

UTI is SO uncomfortable... even if the meds affect your milk a little bit, once you are off of them you'll feel so much better and you'll be able to pump a lot. I know sometimes it can seem like even one day of less than awesome milk production will have a huge effect on our baby, but a happy, healthy mama will produce more milk than one who is in pain or uncomfortable!

if your meds for UTI are antibiotics, it's really important that you finish them, or you build up a resistance to the antibiotic and risk a much worse infection! definitely worth the short-term cost, if any. and a SICK mama also doesn't pump as much.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.