Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mom ready to wean but 2 1/2 year old is not :/

Default Re: Mom ready to wean but 2 1/2 year old is not :/

I myself are down to one time a day with 2 1/2 old twins. I was still doing the bedtime nursing, but my nipples are so sore and my son clawed at me so much yesterday that I really had enough. His twin sister picks at my hair which is annoying too and they both hang over the bed on each side because they are so big. My hubby put them to bed last night and I am a little full this afternoon, but not too bad. I had so much milk that I was worried it would never go away, but it finally dropped enough for the one time a day. I haven't pumped since April so it will be interesting if I will need to during this weaning process. Good luck to you. Distraction is key. I used to get down to one time a day which was hard.

I always said booboos. My girl started calling the boobies out of thin air, too. She just turned 3, and I am tired of b- ding, too. I just tried putting olive juice in my nipple and it worked like a charm, she tried to nurse twice, then covered her mouth and rejected the breast thereafter. It was the perfect out, except it broke my heart when she asked me to fix my booboos. That was a few days ago. It is soo hard! I went two days/ two nights without nursing to sleep, but nursed during night while she was semi sleeping. Helped with pressure and with heartbreak! Not sure where I'm going. May nurse until college! It's very emotional to stop. Breast feeding is love/ hate. Good luck, make your decision based on what is good for you and your baby, not firends. Try to put something funky tasting on your boob during day, and tell her they only work at bedtime, if that is what you want.

Doubt she will nurse until college. Of even.....five.

Way too lazy for formula