Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Conversations with my 4yo:

Default Conversations with my 4yo:

I was nursing Charlotte (11 months) earlier and she bit me. Of course, I yelped a bit. DH says "don't break 'em baby Charlotte."
    Robbie (4y) asks what is broken. David tells him my boobie.

Robbie gets REALLY upset, near tears: "OH NOOOOOOO.. Mommy's boobie is broken!"
    Me: It's okay honey, it's not broken, daddy was just being silly.
    Robbie: NOooooooo.. it's broken! The boobie is broken!
    Me: No, baby, it's not broken. Charlotte hurt it, but it's okay now.
    Robbie: Noooo.. it's broken. It needs to make the milk and it's broken!
    Me: It's okay, honey, it's fixed. retends to screw a screwdriver into my boob: All better.
    Robbie: :looks skeptical: it's....... broken?
    Me: Nope. All better.
    Robbie: :Still eyeing me suspiciously:
    So I pull my shirt up and squirt a little bit of milk into my hand to show him it's ALL BETTER now. He seems satisfied.

Tonight at dinner, we're talking and out of nowhere he says "Mommy's boobie is broken."
    So we all assure him it's fine now, remember, Mommy fixed it.

Robbie: Robbie's boobie is broken
    me: YOUR boobie is broken?
    Robbie: Yeah
    me: so it doesn't make milk
    Robbie: Yeah. It needs to make milk for Charlotte and it's broken
    me: Do you need me to fix it?
    Robbie: Yeah. And then squeeze it and get milk.

Fortunately he seemed to lost interest in his sillyness at that point. Crazy kid.
    (P.S. His boobie is his belly button. He tells me that's his boobie all the time. He does know the truth, but he thinks it's funny to tell me that's his boobie.)
    Call me Trish!
    Robbie, born at 26w2d on 5/31/08. EPed 15 months. He was G-Tube fed until just before his 3rd birthday. He now knows the joy of food and drink by mouth!
    Charlotte born 11/12/11 at 35w2d. Blissfully feeding her from the tap since birth.

Default Re: Conversations with my 4yo:

hahaha!
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Too funny! Haha!...When both my boys were crawling age, they would try to "nurse" either my elbow or my bellybutton. Guess they just focused on those areas since they are darker than the surrounding flesh as are the nipples.

LOL DD2 used to ask to nurse saying "pupo" which means belly button in Spanish baby-talk and kept calling it like that for a long time after weaning, too cute!

4-yos are a hoot
    ~Sylvia~

Wife to Nick, m. May 2005

Mommy to Gabriel (b. January 2007, 8lbs. 15oz.), nursed 18 months.

Isaac (b. August 2009, 9lbs. 1oz- naturally), nursed 22 months, through PPD/PPA and emergency gallbladder surgery.

and Corban (b. March 2012, 11lbs. 6Oz.- naturally in the water), my NICU baby, still nursing strong at age 2!

Daughter of God

This morning he was playing and I heard him say "We need to get a new boobie at Target." *LMAO*
    Call me Trish!
    Robbie, born at 26w2d on 5/31/08. EPed 15 months. He was G-Tube fed until just before his 3rd birthday. He now knows the joy of food and drink by mouth!
    Charlotte born 11/12/11 at 35w2d. Blissfully feeding her from the tap since birth.

Adorable!