Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: how to make a 6 m.o. drink b/milk from a bottle?

Default how to make a 6 m.o. drink b/milk from a bottle?

Hi there,

I recently went back to work and my 6 months old daughter stays with a nanny. The DD does not like to drink breast milk from a bottle (which has the form of breast and is supposed to be a better first bottle) or from a transitional sippy cup (which is somewhere in between a bottle and a true sippy cup, also seems to be a good choice for a baby at this stage).

We just introduced solids and the nanny gives them to DD 3 times a day. She tries to add breast milk to solids but you can't really add much as it makes the food runny.

So all in all the baby barely gets 2 oz of b/milk during the day, in the 8-9 hour period while I am away, and she is not nursing more than she used to when she is with me.

Should I be concerned about her intake of breast milk?
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make her drink more?

Thanks!!!

Default Re: how to make a 6 m.o. drink b/milk from a bottle?

Do you co-sleep? Co-sleeping might encourage more night nursing

Default Re: how to make a 6 m.o. drink b/milk from a bottle?

Hereès a link from kellymom:

http://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/f...ottle-feeding/

If you look down the bottom of the article, there are links on how to get a baby to accept a bottle.

One tip Ive heard of is to walk around carrying the baby facing out while offering the bottle. Best if someone other than the mom does it.
    Canadian mom and breastmilk fan.
    We have 2 beautiful children: Luana who's 9 y/o, had breastmilk for 2 years and is smart as a whip. Lucas who came out kickin', is 4 y/o and continues to enjoy his milkies.