Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: needhelp

Default needhelp

my 1month baby was doing breat/bottle feeding due to me going back to work .i stoped breastfeeding by my breast for 1week, but i still pumped and bottle feed, she is not wanting to lach to my breast now, what do i do
    Last edited by @llli*cromero; October 12th, 2012 at 07:27 PM.

Default Re: needhelp

Here is a great link
    http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/child/back-to-breast/

In general baby likes a bottle because its easier, you can hand express or pump just to get the milk flowing and keep trying to latch her on. This weekend you can also try a nursing vacation. Take baby to bed with you and do skin to skin all weekend and keep at it.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

it can be hard to get her back to the breast, but it is WORTH it in the long run, so give it your all right now. good luck!
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Definitely agree it is worth it. Do the bath thing, that worked amazingly! It's like the warm water triggers the baby's instincts or something. It is a struggle, they love convenience just like us adults.... Patience, and time! Highly recommend trying a sns, supplemental nurser, the straw thingy with expressed milk, to satisfy baby but keep him suckling.