Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: when will thrush get better?

Default when will thrush get better?

Ive been using cream for thrush for a week. DD been getting nystatin since monday and ive been on meds for it since yesturday. It still hurts inbetween and now while i nurse. When will the pain start to get better?

Default Re: when will thrush get better?

I saw in your other thread that you were having your milk cultured. Was that done? Were they able to tell you for sure that it is thrush?

I'm not sure how effective the cream is -- I've heard moms say it wasn't enough. You mentioned you're on meds... Are you taking Diflucan (fluconazole)? It can take a couple weeks of fluconazole to really clear it up.

Check in when you get a chance and let us know how you're doing!
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--

Default Re: when will thrush get better?

They did not do a culture they just put me on diflucan. They did look at my nipples and saw they were red. The cream helped a little bit and im starting to make a turn for the better. I read thrush can get worst before it gets better and i think that is what had happened. Also i think the diflucan is starting to work. Through all the pain i just keep pushing forward. Seeing my baby growing before my eyes like crazy makes it all worth it. Over a pound and an inch and a half in only three short weeks. I read about some mothers having a worst time than me and i count my blessings.