Re: Green Poop at every diaper change?
Wait, before you eliminate dairy, do you happen to have an overabundant milk supply? The most common cause of green poop is oversupply. Unnecessary dietary eliminations are one reason why many moms stop nursing- because they eliminate food after food trying to "solve" the green poops, and soon they're reduced to living on nothing but rice and chicken breast!
Some signs of oversupply:
- frequent feelings of fullness or engorgement
- milk may stream or spray from the breast if baby pulls off during a letdown
- baby gains weight relatively rapidly
- baby may choke, cough, gag, splutter, or click when nursing
- baby may feed fairly quickly, sometimes in as little as 5-10 minutes
- mom may leak a lot
- mom may be able to pump multiple oz of milk with ease if she is pumping
As the PP said, green poops are almost always nothing to worry about. As long as baby seems happy and healthy and is growing at a normal rate, it doesn't really matter whether the poops are yellow or green.
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"