Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pinching!!

Default Pinching!!

My 10 month old has a horrible habit of pinching my breast/areola while nursing....to the point that I have fingernail marks on me. It is not that she is doing it to be mean or anything like that. During the day I just pull her hand back and say no pinching....I may have to do it several times but that is fine. It is night time when we have our biggest problem. She nurses to sleep but when I do this it keeps her from going to sleep. So it is stay up late or suffer through it. Anyone else go through this? How did you break the baby from it? I can't take this much longer!!!

Default Re: Pinching!!

Can you hold her hand from the start? I mean, as soon as you start nursing, hold her hand so that she can't start pinching altogether? Do you think that could work?

mine does this too. i redirect the hand a lot. and i keep nails very short which helps a ton. so annoying!
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

No I can't hold her hand, she gets mad if I do. I cut her nails as often and as short as I can but you can only get them so short. I am thinking about putting mittens on her at night and see how that goes. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*elizabethlarae View Post
    I am thinking about putting mittens on her at night and see how that goes. :-/
    good idea, if she'll wear them!
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.