Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To wean or not to wean...

Default Re: To wean or not to wean...

Because my day time supply is suffering the most, and he is getting super frustrated trying to get milk. Will he eventually just give up those sessions on his own if he is never getting enough milk and constantly upset about it?

No. More likely what will happen is if he keeps it up for more than 3-5 days is the milk will show up.

Way too lazy for formula

IMO you should be nursing him when together on demand, that includes nursing when he wants to bed or nap regardless of the level you feel your supply is at. After one you can pump wean and nurse when together and not worry as much, if really at all about how much he gets, as long as he has a balanced diet with calcium rich foods. Nursing is so much more than milk and it sound like your son still wants that.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Yeah, I would nurse him on demand when you're together, and not worry about your supply - let HIM tell you if he's not interested in nursing. After I pump weaned, my supply definitely went down during the day some, but there was still enough to keep my baby interested on weekends and days off. It all works out somehow.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.