Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: starting back at work soon...

Question starting back at work soon...

Hi ladies, a couple of quick questions.

My DD will be going to daycare when I start back on November 5th. She's almost 4months old and EBF, no bottles so far. My question is what's the best way to get her usd to BM from a bottle? I never had this problem with DS as I had to supplement about a month before I went back. DD is a different story, she only takes the breast and as much as I'm so happy about that it worries me she'll refuse the bottle at daycare.

I am lucky that the DC is at my work (hospital) and I'm allowed to go and nurse if possible. However, over here (France) we're only allowed 1hour in total to pump/bf so it's not possible for me to nurse her every time (anyway my job won't allow it either!). Hence why I need to get her to accept my BM in a bottle.

Any sugguestions very welcome, thanks
    -Ishy-

Married 28 july 2005
    Mummy to my DS , born 30 july 2008
    proud to have BF him for 8 months
    Now a Mummy for the 2nd time to my DD , born 15 june 2012 for 15 1/2months! Still whenever we can and

DS Stats
    Birth: 7lbs 15oz - 19.5inches
    4 yrs: 35lbs 4oz - 3feet 5.5inches
    5 yrs: 40lbs - 3feet 8inches

DD Stats
    Birth: 7lbs 13oz - 19.5inches
    6.5 months 12lbs 14oz - 26inches
    9 months 15lbs 13oz
    15months 20lbs 11oz - 30 inches

Default Re: starting back at work soon...

Hi, My daughter started daycare around 3 months and she was also bottle-free up to that point. We started by having my husband give her a bottle every once in a while, usually once a day. We started a few weeks out from daycare, because I was also concerned that she wouldn't take the bottle. She took it with no problems and we've had no problems going between breast and bottle.

i agree with pp.

my lo also will only take a wide nipple. we use breast flow bottles by first years. They are slow flow.
    Proud Momma
    DD 2-1-01 BF for 16 months
    DS 1-9-10 BF for only 4 months due to low milk supply and working graveyard
    DD 4-28-12 Pumping 5X a day at work, Loving BFing

Ok so we tried a couple days ago and she took quite well from the bottle (she took just over an oz and it was DH who fed her) but needed to nurse with me to finish off. A lot better than I thought! I did try when DH was out and she refused point blank (normal, I reckon as she knows I have the real deal). Will start again today since we let her nurse with me over the weekend and as DH is around this week. Can't believe I only have 3 weeks left with my little princess before 'normal' life starts again :-(
    -Ishy-

Married 28 july 2005
    Mummy to my DS , born 30 july 2008
    proud to have BF him for 8 months
    Now a Mummy for the 2nd time to my DD , born 15 june 2012 for 15 1/2months! Still whenever we can and

DS Stats
    Birth: 7lbs 15oz - 19.5inches
    4 yrs: 35lbs 4oz - 3feet 5.5inches
    5 yrs: 40lbs - 3feet 8inches

DD Stats
    Birth: 7lbs 13oz - 19.5inches
    6.5 months 12lbs 14oz - 26inches
    9 months 15lbs 13oz
    15months 20lbs 11oz - 30 inches

Why do you have to go back so soon? I Thought Paris Health care system allowed a year off paid? Why are you going back a little before the 5 month point?

Way too lazy for formula