Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 6 month LO still spitting up lots - is this ok?

Default 6 month LO still spitting up lots - is this ok?

My mother t ells me I'm over feeding her, she has had her first cold so was feeding a lot and I feed on demand - she is waking up a lot still to feed and she does nurse quite often - she's a snacker, she's just started eating as well and sometimes sicks up after food - she eats about 1.5oz of food a day.

Is it normal for her to sick up still??

Nursing wise I probably nurse 10 times a day - 24 hour period.

x

Default Re: 6 month LO still spitting up lots - is this ok?

Yes, still totally normal for a 6 month old baby to spit up. The muscles that keep stomach contents down in the stomach are weak in young babies, and only gradually gain strength. At 6 months, your LO is still working on developing those muscles!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: 6 month LO still spitting up lots - is this ok?

My 6 year old spit up frequently-even as a toddler-after nursing. He also hardly touched solids until he was over a year old so thank goodness he nursed so well. He is so healthy and always has been, his pediatrician comments on it at each yearly checkup.

Your mom may be more familiar with formula fed babies (?), who could be over fed and since there are things in formula that are difficult to digest, this can be a real problem. But breastmilk and breastfeeding are different.