Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Not Getting Time to Pump

Default Not Getting Time to Pump

My baby has gotten into a routine where she likes to empty both sides in the mornings. If I try to pump from one she's grumpy all day like she isn't filling up enough. I have a hard time pumping any time but the morning or it takes forever, so my problem is when do I pump with her wanting to eat so much? Should I pump in the evenings and hope I get a bigger supply over time?

A note: I only pump to have milk for her oatmeal and a bottle if needed but I don't seem to have enough.

Default Re: Not Getting Time to Pump

Bump!

Could you try pumping after a few feedings during the day? Or during a nap or longish stretch of sleep (if she has one)? Then combine the small amounts of milk you get until you have a couple of ounces total to store.

It's surprisingly difficult to work pumping into your schedule when you're also feeding your baby at the breast full time.
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--

Default Re: Not Getting Time to Pump

Is there a stretch of time when she sleeps for 2 hours. If so I'd pump 45 minutes into the nap
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language