Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Hygeia pump

Default Hygeia pump

So my medela pisa completely lost suction, so I purchased hygeia enjoye. The setting are different it doesn't have the let down suction when you first turn it on. I'm trying to do it manually but I'm not getting nearly as much milk as I did with the medela, I don't want to give up on it so soon, did anyone else have this problem? Is it something my body will adjust to or should I just send it back and buy a medela? I want to love it sooooo bad!
    1st time momma to Roman Matthew 12-31-11, so happy to still be bfing

Default Re: Hygeia pump

So I think I figured it out, the smallest flange size for hygeia is 27mm and my medela flanges are 24mm so I am using my medela parts and it's working much better!
    1st time momma to Roman Matthew 12-31-11, so happy to still be bfing

How do you like it otherwise? Is it really 7 lbs? How often do you pump? I'm in the market for a new pump my APY is crapping out slowly but surely and I need to make a decision soon. I apparently pump a lot and should have bought a better pump to begin with.
    Married to the best husband ever since Nov 2009
    DS born 1/7/12 at 36 wks after PROM and Gestational diabetes happy and healthy ~

Taking it one day at a time.

Currently and !!!

I like my Hygeia Enjoye. I think it weighs more like 4 lbs? It says on the website. I prefer the larger flanges and had to buy them when I had a Medela so I don't have any issues with that. It is not tiny but it is reasonably portable, works great so far, can be used with Medela parts, and can be passed on or shared.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.