Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Assure me this is normal please!

Default Re: Assure me this is normal please!

Yeah....it doesn't hurt her. Don't project that. I KNOW it's hard the 1st time thru but after you get through ONE of these bouts you can really enjoy them. There is REALLY something to be said for not having to change poopy diapers everyday. I swear.

Way too lazy for formula

DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

I had been through this with my first daughter 3 years ago, but you tend to get amnesia. Day 10, we have poop, not a "poopsplosion" as I had also suspected, but it could be just the beginning
    Thanks ladies!

P.s. it is lovely to not clean poop daily!
    Last edited by @llli*klb1977; October 5th, 2012 at 02:16 PM.
    Proud Mama of Madeline Jade 7/31/09 and Sydney Anna 6/04/12. Married to My sweetie since 2000.
    Sydney and like crazy while holding down a busy full time job!

my kids went 1-2 weeks between poops. big plus about bfing. Wasn't always a poopsplosion lol.
    And yeah...when they poop in the tub when you bathe together...fricken gross...dont ask me how i know
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Nevermind...poopsplosion up to her neck! Whoa. But now a new question stemming from that.
    She normally sleeps from 7-3ish, wakes up to eat, and is back out for another 3 or so hours before getting up for the day (I know, very lucky, my older daughter did not sleep that we'll). Last night, after "poopagedon" (as my husband has titled it), she went to bed per her norm. Then she was up every two hours to eat starting at 12:30!!! Ugh, I'm beat.
    I know, I know, sleeping patterns can change at the drop of the hat so I'm hoping its not that. Could she have been "bulking up" after all that poop?? No teeth I can feel. Her sleeping has just been awesome since about 9-10 weeks I hope it's not the end!
    Proud Mama of Madeline Jade 7/31/09 and Sydney Anna 6/04/12. Married to My sweetie since 2000.

"Sleep patterns can change at the drop of a hat"- you nailed it. I'd blame the normal, weird infant sleep patterns rather than anything having to do with the poopsplosion.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Boo. Well, let's hope it was a one night occurance; I'm so tired!