Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: advice on a bra for a large busted woman FTM

Default Re: advice on a bra for a large busted woman FTM

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lidarln View Post
    I was an F/G cup while using the bravado tanks I liked them while I was on leave but once I started working again (4 mos ppd) I need an actual bra I could wear in the corporate environment.

I highly recommend the Anita Microfiber nursing bras great support and durability. style 5035 was my one and only savior... i wore these from 4 months to three years and will wear them again for any subsequent nursing....

several sites allow for free returns within 30 days www.herroom.com and www.biggerbras.com were two i have used.
    Anita's are my favorite. I still wear the bravados but I agree about eventually needing a real bra. The bravado may get you through the last bit of pregnancy depending on how you are carrying.

Amazon has Anita bras on sale frequently. Not sure about returns but once you know your size/comfort their sales usually beat other places.

Autumn, those Anita bras are cute! If my LO weren't well on the way to being weaned I'd replace my grubby old Playtexes with those!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Mommal, I plan on wearing the Anita's long after weaning. They fit better than any bra I've ever owned. And the straps are amazing.

My own experience is that the Bravado tanks weren't supportive enough for me, especially not to feel comfortable leaving the house in them. I wore a 36 DD/E when DS was first born and am currently wearing a 34F. The 36D/DD size Bravado tank, for me, showed way too much cleavage to feel comfortable leaving the house, and they also kind of let the 'girls' sag and fall together in the center (not much separation) giving me huge cleavage which I didn't like. I got a 36 F/G, the coverage was better but the support was still only so-so. It might be fine for the first weeks/months when you're not leaving the house much but not after that. I started wearing underwire nursing bras full-time around 5-6 months post-partum and have had no issues with clogged ducts, etc. The key is to make sure that the underwire really fits correctly--e.g. that you are using a big enough cup size so that the underwire doesn't press at all on actual breast tissue but goes around the breast instead. If it fits right, it should be ok, though I wouldn't recommend it in the first couple months while you are changing sizes rapidly. I also cared about having a pretty nursing bra; this one is my favorite: http://www.amazon.com/Le-Mystere-Wom...ma+nursing+bra
    First-time mama to Joshua, 10/29/11. 29 months and going strong! for 14 months; now finished with pump weaning!

the bravado f/g fit me, barely, during the last trimester (wore it a lot then) and was super-compressiony so it was supportive enough, when i was around a g cup. i found it ran very small. and once my milk came in it no longer fit.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

I bought my Kmart ones at a real store....I agree their online store seems to fail.

Way too lazy for formula

Just wanted to update this. I went to my local store and got 2 bravado bras one was a seamless no underwire that is SUPER supportive for my G cups The other was the tank and I have to say it made me look and feel amazing! No una boob and it was WAY more supportive than I anticipated. I know everyones boobs are different sizes and shapes but it really seemed to minimize my chest and made me feel great!

YAY!

Way too lazy for formula

If you go on Zulily.com today there is a vendor called hot milk and they have large very cute bras! I have never used one before but I just ordered tow of them. But they are on a major sale I'm getting tow for under $40! You should check it out!