Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Going to start working evenings and nights after 1 year...

Default Going to start working evenings and nights after 1 year...

I am going to start working evenings and nights soon. But I am always the one to put our dd down for the night. I will nurse her to bed, we co-sleep. But now that I will be gone for bedtime it's up to my fiance to put her to sleep.

She was never a bottle baby, and has been weaned from the pacificer for over 6 months now. I fear the transition from Mom to Dad will be hard for her. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions to make the transition easier? She just turned 1 yesterday. She has never spent more than 2-3hrs away from me before.

I have been wanting to also transition her into her crib to sleep. However co-sleeping is very convenient because she is a dreamfeeder. She nurses about 1-3 times in the day and about 2-3 at night.

I hope I am overreacting and she does well, but I know she is quite attached to me. And I must admit I am VERY attached to her. I know it will be a hard transition for me as well. Thanks in advance for your comments!
    09-28-2011 VB (41 Weeks 1 Day) Breastfeeding 12 months & counting.

Default Re: Going to start working evenings and nights after 1 year.

Bump.

I know there are plenty of moms here who have made the transition to Dad handling bedtime, so hopefully some of them will see this and chime in.
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--

Yeah I actually think the transition will be MUCH harder on YOU than her. In that a baby that is going to be with out their mother has no expectation to nurse. They know intuitively that Daddy has no milk for them and thus will be comforted other ways. I personally would NOT also try to put her in a crib at this point, but at a year my son would allow my sister, my husband AND my mother to lay down with him to go to sleep for both bed and nap time. So I think if your DH lays down with her it will be fine.

Way too lazy for formula

I agree with djs.mom My DS does waaay better for other people than me. He sleeps beautifully in another room in his crib/pack'n'play. although my DH will co-sleep some at night with him.
    Married to the best husband ever since Nov 2009
    DS born 1/7/12 at 36 wks after PROM and Gestational diabetes happy and healthy ~

Taking it one day at a time.

Currently and !!!