Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Not Getting Time to Pump

Default Not Getting Time to Pump

My baby has gotten into a routine where she likes to empty both sides in the mornings. If I try to pump from one she's grumpy all day like she isn't filling up enough. I have a hard time pumping any time but the morning or it takes forever, so my problem is when do I pump with her wanting to eat so much? Should I pump in the evenings and hope I get a bigger supply over time?

A note: I only pump to have milk for her oatmeal and a bottle if needed but I don't seem to have enough.

Default Re: Not Getting Time to Pump

Bump!

Could you try pumping after a few feedings during the day? Or during a nap or longish stretch of sleep (if she has one)? Then combine the small amounts of milk you get until you have a couple of ounces total to store.

It's surprisingly difficult to work pumping into your schedule when you're also feeding your baby at the breast full time.

Default Re: Not Getting Time to Pump

Is there a stretch of time when she sleeps for 2 hours. If so I'd pump 45 minutes into the nap
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language