Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Fighting sleep, freaks out when put down, etc.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Posts
    30

    Default Fighting sleep, freaks out when put down, etc.

    My 98% of the time AWESOME daughter is driving me crazy the other 2% of the time! Maybe its just that she's teething and is going through some other overall weirdness at 19 weeks, so I guess I just need to vent. She doesn't fight sleep at night, thank goodness, but during the day, ohmygosh! And I can nurse her to sleep sometimes during the day, lying down on the bed or couch, but its a 50/50 if I get up to do something that she'll wake up and freak.
    Any ideas? There are only so many chores I can get done with her in my Ergo, plus I just need some personal spa e sometimes...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    20,600

    Default Re: Fighting sleep, freaks out when put down, etc.

    What is this "personal space" of which you speak?

    It's totally normal for a young baby to hate-hate-HATE being put down, and to wake as soon as mom slips away. A swing may help- many babies thrive on the constant motion. Both my girls napped in the swing (or stroller) until they were a year or so old.

    I know you didn't ask about this, but I just have to add a plea that you not nurse baby to sleep on a couch or in a chair, particularly if you are also going to be napping there. Upholstered furniture is not a safe sleep space for a baby; they can roll into a gap between cushions and smother. Many of the deaths blamed on co-sleeping actually take place on couches or other unsafe sleep surfaces. Sorry to be a downer!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    140

    Default Re: Fighting sleep, freaks out when put down, etc.

    Sorry no suggestions. Just wanted to let you know that this was how my DS was/is. It is HIGHLY frustrating. Some days it is just easier to go with the flow than try to fight it.
    Married to the best husband ever since Nov 2009
    DS born 1/7/12 at 36 wks after PROM and Gestational diabetes happy and healthy ~

    Taking it one day at a time.

    Currently and !!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Limbo
    Posts
    594

    Default Re: Fighting sleep, freaks out when put down, etc.

    The swing was my little helper at that age. Also, what happens if you try a loose swaddle to help her feel "held"?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    COUGARTOWN Baby! From here on in!
    Posts
    17,404

    Default Re: Fighting sleep, freaks out when put down, etc.

    My suggestion is to lay down with her and nap. 4months old was right when I got GOOD at it!

    Way too lazy for formula

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •