Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Buy your fenugreek at the Indian Grocery Store!!

Thumbs up Buy your fenugreek at the Indian Grocery Store!!

Hi Ladies,

I am taking Fenugreek these days to increase my milk supply. I went to the Whole Foods and found that they had boxes of around 100 capsules for $9 or so. Needing to eat about 9 of those per day means this box will last about 10 days. Not bad, but...

...then I went to the Indian grocery store where I shop for Indian spices and foods and found a 200g pack of Fenugreek powder for 99 cents!! This pack should last me about 3 weeks or so. I just sprinkle the powder over my cereal, mix it with juice, yogurt etc. Here's a page that gives the dosage of fenugreek powder: http://www.kellymom.com/herbal/milks...fenugreek.html

The powder is slightly bitter, but mixed in with other things, its nutty flavour comes out and I actually like it. Matter of personal taste, but if you are willing to give it a try, save some money by going this route. If you have an Indian or south asian grocery store in your neighbourhood, then give it a go! You might find other yummy things to eat there

And no - I am not a paid lobbyist for Indian Grocery Stores, just an avid fan of Indian food!

Vidhya

Smile Re: Buy your fenugreek at the Indian Grocery Store!!

Thanks for such a helpful thread...what a great idea.
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

Default Re: Buy your fenugreek at the Indian Grocery Store!!

What a great idea. I'm also a fan of Indian food. I haven't thought to look there for fenugreek. There are several stores close to me - I'll definitely be offering that as an option for mothers looking for fenugreek locally.

And, I might have to get some to try in my own cooking, too! Even though I'm not currently lactating. ;-)
    Shannon
    LLL Leader

Protect your privacy online; don't use your full name. Click My Alias at the top left corner.

I'm horrible at html and encoding links, so I apologize in advance for all the long links!