Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: No poop to green frothy poop

Default No poop to green frothy poop

Hi Ladies,
    So, I had to start supplementing since DS wasn't gaining weight or pooping (as discussed in depth in a previous thread). I started taking fenugreek, more milk plus, goats rue and brewers yeast, though I haven't noticed an up in milk production.

DS's poops are sometimes yellow and seedy and sometimes green. I just thought this was because he gets formula and BM. But tonight, his poop was green, runny and frothy. There was no blood. Despite there being no blood, could this be an allergy? I def dont have OS or OALD.

TIA!!!!!

Default Re: No poop to green frothy poop

Could be, but it could also be a normal, random variation. Have you seen more frothy green poops since then?
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--

Unfortunately he hasn't pooped since then. He's a very inconsistent pooper and rarely goes everyday.

Finally more poop. He's had a few small yellow seedy poops and one more large green, slightly runny and slightly frothy poop. He also has some infant acne, which I read in a previous post can be caused by allergies...? It's hard knowing what normal is in a bf/formula fed baby.
    Last edited by @llli*alilwest; September 20th, 2012 at 02:33 PM.

I think there's a difference between normal baby acne and excema which a lot of people don't grasp. Excema can look like baby acne and is caused by allergies. Baby acne is just a normal part of being a baby- I don't think anyone really has a good grasp of what causes it or what cures it, aside from time. It usually flares up and then vanishes.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

He hasn't had any green or frothy diapers since then, so I'm going to chalk it up to just being normal variation in poop. Doc did say, though, that green poop can be caused by the formula and he does have infant acne, not excema.