Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breast pain

Default Re: Breast pain

Honestly, I would probably go home and get it. The longer milk sits in the infected area, the more the infection is going to have a nice warm place to incubate.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

So, I'm definitely feeling better. The nipple area is still sore; I wonder if the clog is right under the nipple. It's hard to massage that area, when that is the part in his mouth! And I am miserably bad at hand expressing.

This morning, I woke up with a lot of joint pain. Could this be related to the mastitis? I have a follow-up appointment with the doctor this afternoon.

I'm a bit confused on weaning now, because clearly I have more milk than I thought I did. I guess I need to be very careful about switching sides as I wind things down.
    ~ Megan

Mommy to Alex (born 2/27/11) and Katie (born 3/31/14)

The wind-down goes best when you're super-slow and cautious. Especially if you're prone to breast infections.

One of the symptoms of mastitis is "aches and pains", so that would match well with the joint pain.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"