Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: toddler not nurse as much

Default toddler not nurse as much

hey there.

so my son is about 20 months old now. he was nursing about 4 times a day and then throughout the night.

so i havent really given him cows milk, hes had it but since he nursed so much he drank water out of his cup.

he has since dropped a session, the one when i pick him up from dc.

so now somedays he only nurses 3-4 times in 24 hrs, should i be concerned? im kind of sad about this too.

and id rather not give cows milk, ive started drinking alternative milks myself for health reasons.

is coconut milk ok? is it necessary?

thanks!

Default Re: toddler not nurse as much

We occasionally give coconut or almond milk. We opt not to give them a lot of milk because if Levi had his way he would only eat dairy all the time. He eats plenty of cheese, yogurt, etc. I don't think milk is necessary if he has a balanced diet and is getting fat/calcium from other sources.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

I wouldn't worry either, he's 20 months old...After weaning, I did not push cows milk on my DD. She drinks like one glass a week, maybe. I don't know...she's not a baby cow, so she doesn't need it.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

thanks a lot