Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Night Sweats

Default Night Sweats

Hello!

I am new here I am 30 years old. I have 2 girls, ages 4 and 10 months. I am still breastfeeding my 10 month old and have not had a return of my period yet since having her. I nurse her on demand which is typically every 2-3 hours during the day and then she usually nurses only once overnight lately (I pump at 10pm to store the milk, she generally sleeps from 8pm until 3 or 4 am). I experienced postpartum night sweats after my first daughter, but they stopped after a few months. This time around I am still experiencing them 10 months later-- they aren't every night and they aren't has bad as they were at the beginning. If I google it, everything fatal comes up. I called my OB/GYN and the nurse did not seemed concerned at all. She said it was most likely because I am still nursing and that I haven't gotten my period back yet. I had blood drawn last week since I am donating breast milk to the local milk bank and everything came back fine from that test, but of course I still don't know what to think. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with this. Thanks

Default Re: Night Sweats

Well, I don't know much about it, but it certainly seems possible that the night sweats could be related to breastfeeding, since they can be caused or affected by other hormonal changes.

Hopefully some other moms who've experienced this will chime in. I'm sure you're not the only one!
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--

Default Re: Night Sweats

Thank you for your response! I hope I'm not alone