Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Feeling of fullness one year later?

Default Feeling of fullness one year later?

It's been a LONG time since I've been here - nice to be back! My daughter, now 3 1/2 weaned a little over a year ago when she was 2 1/2. Once we were done, we were done, I felt no changes in my breasts, no issues - nothing!

Earlier this summer, they started to feel fullish again. Nothing drastic, but enough to make me realize it. Around the same time, the insides of my bra smelled faintly like breast milk - but I wasn't leaking anything that I could tell. Then it stopped.

It's happened a few more times since then, so I'm wondering if it's related to my cycle? Anyone else experience this?

It's just soo weird because it didn't happen until we had been weaned for nearly a year.

Thanks!
    I'm Melissa, DD (01/12/2009) weaned at a little over 2 1/2 years

Default Re: Feeling of fullness one year later?

As long as you're not pregnant, it's probably simply related to your cycle. It's normal for women to produce small amounts of milk for weeks, months, or even years after weaning is complete.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: Feeling of fullness one year later?

Thanks! It must be my cycle. I'm wrapping up right now and I can smell it still. Pregnancy was what I assumed the first time it happened, but not yet!
    I'm Melissa, DD (01/12/2009) weaned at a little over 2 1/2 years