Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will I hurt my supply by doing this ?

Default Re: Will I hurt my supply by doing this ?

And the baby has started solids, and they may be replacing breastmilk in the baby's diet, leading to a lower overall supply.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    And the baby has started solids, and they may be replacing breastmilk in the baby's diet, leading to a lower overall supply.
    Yes, some decline in supply may be normal, if baby is eating a lot of solids. However, many babies don't really get into solids until later, and it's more of a pumping issue for mom.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*joe.s.mom View Post
    Yes, some decline in supply may be normal, if baby is eating a lot of solids. However, many babies don't really get into solids until later, and it's more of a pumping issue for mom.
    I was just trying to add one more possible explanation for the 9-10 month slump, for those moms whose babies are chow-hounds when it comes to solids.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Thanks girls. I just hadn't heard of that before. I had problems back around the 4-5 month mark pumping at work (partly due to my baby being completely distracted and not wanting to eat). He gets solids a couple times a day, although not that much volume, and still BFs 6-7 times a day (he's 9.5months). I hadn't noticed a dramatic change yet and I just wondered if I should expect it or not.

Not everyone has these issues. You are lucky if you don't!

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.