Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Night sweats at 7.5 months

Default Night sweats at 7.5 months

I am currently breastfeeding my son, and all of sudden I have started having intense night sweats again. Also I feel like my breasts or soft and my pumping amounts are slightly lower.

I am nursing him consistently every 3-3.5 hours with 1-2 night sessions. I have not had my period yet.

My son and I have had a summer cold but it didn't seem to affect nursing much. I am trying to hydrate and increase nursing sessions.

I'm just a little shocked. I've worked to maintain a stable supply and then this seems out of the blue. It feels like a hormonal shift, but I can't find anything on the Internet that describes this.

Thanks for any help.

Tip
    Tip Kendall

Default Re: Night sweats at 7.5 months

I am not sure what would cause the night sweats, but do you think your period may be coming back soon? That could explain the sudden decrease in supply and also the feeling of "hormonal shift." Also, it doesn't seem likely given you haven't had your period back, but I have to ask - could you be pregnant?

FWIW, I had PMS like symtoms for a couple of months before my period actually returned. My body was getting more cyclical even though my cycles hadn't fully kicked back in again.

A decrease in supply at 7.5 months could also just be the normal slump in pumping output a lot of women experience in the second half of the first year. Usually nursing is still going great, but by that time, your pump parts are getting older and need to be replaced, and your body is getting "used" to the pump and doesn't respond as well. If that's what it is, we recommend trouble shooting your pump and using compressions and other tricks to get your production back up again.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Default Re: Night sweats at 7.5 months

I just posted a thread about this.. .my baby is 10 months old and I am experiencing these too... I am wondering if my period is trying to start finally.