Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hands free pumping bra recos?

Default Hands free pumping bra recos?

I'm fortunate to work in an office with 2 private, secluded lactation rooms, but I guess I'm going to want the convenience of hands free when I'm pumping more. I only pump a little at home right now to do bottle tests and build an emergency storage. Any recos on brands? I don't like the look of the band because it has no actual boob support and I gather I'll be wearing this thing all day.
    1st time mom over 40 to Alex(andra) b: 7/14/12

Default Re: Hands free pumping bra recos?

i used an old sports bra and just cut two tiny slits to slide the horns through... no cost
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lidarln View Post
    i used an old sports bra and just cut two tiny slits to slide the horns through... no cost
    thank you - I'd love to go that route but I think it's going to be odd under professional work dress. Plus what covers the holes the rest of the day? Breast pads? That's why I'm wondering if anyone has tried a brand that serves pretty well as an all day bra and does double duty for hands free pumping. I see them on the Web but I'm hoping for real people testimonials.

I have a pumpease that I use at work. You can find it here: http://www.snugabell.com/. I don't wear it all day, but just when I am pumping though...it fits nicely over a nursing bra and then I remove it when I am done. I also have a rumina nursing tank, but I don't really ever wear it to work just use it at home. (http://www.ruminaformoms.com/how_works.htm) You don't really need to wear your hands-free pumping band all day.

Okay I see now. I hadn't pictured using it over one of my nursing bras but that makes sense. I guess I essentially have to disrobe a bit if I want to go hands free, like if I'm wearing a top that pulls over my head vs one with buttons. Hmm dresses might be a challenge. I'm truly lucky we have great little lactation rooms.

I have the Medela Easy Expression bustier. It is similar to the Pump Ease except that it has a zipper. It does the job just fine.

You will find you don't have to disrobe really any further than you would if nursing. Just lift or unbutton your shirt, and unhook the flaps of your nursing bra. I just wrap it around at that point. It is quite stretchy. So if I'm wearing a button-down shirt, I just unbutton enough to expose my breasts, unhook nursing bra flaps and wrap it over the shirt in the back.

I have also been known to put it on first, put my nursing bra over that and then I just have to unhook the flaps on the nursing bra and the holes are right there. But my bra isn't totally smooth with the Easy Expression bustier under it so I only do this if I'm wearing a bulky sweater or something. And only if I'm just so annoyed with pumping that day that I really want to streamline it. Because it's less comfortable, obviously, it's like wearing two bras. And when you go home and actually nurse, of course, you have to undo the whole contraption.

Yes that's the extent of disrobing I meant. thanks, very helpful!

I use the Simple Wishes hands free pump bra. You can buy it on Amazon for about $30, here's the link:
    http://www.amazon.com/Simple-Wishes-...breastpump+bra
    What I like about it is: machine washable; zips up the front; adjustable fabric back insert gives a customized fit; holds the flanges in place pretty firmly; and it has optional detachable straps if you want a little extra help holding it in place without it making the band super tight. I've been using it for about three months now, and am happy with it.

I don't wear it all the time, only when pumping. I don't think any of the pump bras or bands are comfortable enough to wear all day. I usually put it on over my nursing bra (although you can take the nursing bra off completely if you want and just wear the Simple Wishes bra). The process Sprocket describes is what I do as well:
    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sprocket View Post
    You will find you don't have to disrobe really any further than you would if nursing. Just lift or unbutton your shirt, and unhook the flaps of your nursing bra. I just wrap it around at that point. It is quite stretchy. So if I'm wearing a button-down shirt, I just unbutton enough to expose my breasts, unhook nursing bra flaps and wrap it over the shirt in the back.
    And you are guessing correctly that dresses are not ideal for pumping. Separates work much better.

Angry Re: Hands free pumping bra recos?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mercystreet View Post
    I use the Simple Wishes hands free pump bra. You can buy it on Amazon for about $30, here's the link:
    http://www.amazon.com/Simple-Wishes-...breastpump+bra
    What I like about it is: machine washable; zips up the front; adjustable fabric back insert gives a customized fit; holds the flanges in place pretty firmly; and it has optional detachable straps if you want a little extra help holding it in place without it making the band super tight. I've been using it for about three months now, and am happy with it.

I don't wear it all the time, only when pumping. I don't think any of the pump bras or bands are comfortable enough to wear all day. I usually put it on over my nursing bra (although you can take the nursing bra off completely if you want and just wear the Simple Wishes bra). The process Sprocket describes is what I do as well:

And you are guessing correctly that dresses are not ideal for pumping. Separates work much better.
    Thanks. All helpful. I ordered the Medela but with everyday use during the week I imagine I may want a second. Argh I love wearing dresses. Another reason to dislike pumping.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*debbers View Post
    thank you - I'd love to go that route but I think it's going to be odd under professional work dress. Plus what covers the holes the rest of the day? Breast pads? That's why I'm wondering if anyone has tried a brand that serves pretty well as an all day bra and does double duty for hands free pumping. I see them on the Web but I'm hoping for real people testimonials.
    gotcha, I didn't see the need in wearing a contraption for pumping all day long, I simply slid this on over my nursing bra when pumping (3-4x per day) and removed it for the remainder of the day .... HTH
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07