Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Conflicted about co-sleeping (baby v. hubby?)

Default Re: Conflicted about co-sleeping (baby v. hubby?)

I co-slept and had sex with my DH. Whenever he wanted. Quietly.

Way too lazy for formula

i would've done that too but DH was freaked out about it being in the same room as DS.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Why?
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

me? it didn't seem to be an issue when we were all in a hotel room together!
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Yes you, I was wondering what his reasoning was, like he didn't want baby to wake up or couldn't concentrate etc
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10

Watch Your Language

dunno. seemed to be just "squicked out" by it for some reason. as if DS was conscious of what was going on at 6 months while asleep! i suppose he found it distracting.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Lol yeah sometimes I want to DTD in bed but sleep is so precious that I don't even want to move a muscle for fear of waking Sam
    My Boy 3-16-10

Watch Your Language

DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Yeah I didn't have those hangups. I knew that my 3,6,9 month old didn't and wouldn't have any memory of such an event and that my DH had needs and equates love with sex. Like most men. So I accommodated the needs of both of them. By co-sleeping which my child needed to be with me to sleep and have quiet spooning sex which my DH needed. Even when I was tired. And certainly long before I was in the mood. My DH is my partner, and it's the responsibility of your partner to meet your needs. Even when you don't need the same things. I needed a shower every few days. And for someone to hold the baby while I ate. He met those needs for me so I met his even when they weren't my needs. I didn't feel like having sex for almost a year. But it wasn't really any extra work to be available to my husband. He was right there. I was right there. And quite frankly my DH has always been so into me that it's not really possible for him to cuddle with me without getting an erection, so it was what it was.

Way too lazy for formula

We co-slept with DD because it was the only way anyone got a decent amount of sleep. When people would question or criticize about how it affected the intimate side of my relationship with DH I would simply tell them that if the only place we can have sex is at night and in bed, we have bigger problems than DD sleeping with us!

We've always made sex a priority in our relationship and I think because of that, our kids sleeping with us has never been a problem.