Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Bottle Suggestions

Default Bottle Suggestions

Has anyone found a certain type of bottle to be better for breastfed babies? I have been using a Calma by Medela, but have heard good things about other types.

I started with the Calma bc it was what my LC suggested and it was sold at my pediatrician office. If there is something else that is just is good, I would love to know about it. Right now I am spending $20 per 6 oz. bottle and can only get them at the nursing boutique at our hospital or at the pediatrician's office.

Default Re: Bottle Suggestions

Every baby is different and prefers different bottles.

I don't know if I would use a Calma. The milk, from what I have seen, pours out.

My second and four babies have done well with Breastflow. Unfortunately, they have to be ordered online. No longer sold in stores.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kjames150 View Post
    Has anyone found a certain type of bottle to be better for breastfed babies? I have been using a Calma by Medela, but have heard good things about other types.

I started with the Calma bc it was what my LC suggested and it was sold at my pediatrician office. If there is something else that is just is good, I would love to know about it. Right now I am spending $20 per 6 oz. bottle and can only get them at the nursing boutique at our hospital or at the pediatrician's office.
    The Calma is available online. Just Google it and click shopping. If it works I'd stick with it. None are working great for us so far and we have to get it locked down for daytime feedings when I return to work.
    1st time mom over 40 to Alex(andra) b: 7/14/12

We saw a super IBCLC who was also an MD specialzing in breastfeeding, and when we had to pump she recommended Dr. Brown's bottles. They worked great for us, but then they're the only ones I've ever used so I don't have anything to compare them to! http://www.handi-craft.com/
    Babies'R'Us has them (where I live, anyway), so they're not hard to find.