Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: i have a medela double pump

Red face i have a medela double pump

I don't use it lol. When I do, I only manage to pump maybe 2 oz after about 30 min. The hospital gave me a hand pump to draw out my nipples and I average an ounce every 4-6 minutes. Per breast. I'm not in any pain or anything and since I'm not a big time pumper, just a little when I work and rarely at home, I don't mind it. So what do I do with this nearly new, lightly used, very nice and expensive pump? I've decided I don't want it. Can it be donated or sold? I'm just not sure on protocol and I am not a pack rat. I save nothing. I was even thinking of renting a hospital pump for a short time to see if it was the pump. I have no receipt and no longer have the box. Would medela do anything for me, do you think? Thanks

Default Re: i have a medela double pump

The Medela is a single user so you aren't supposed to sell or share it
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

So you throw it out? Seems like such a shame and a waste. I wish I would have found this group before DD was born. I would have been able to make a better decision. I'm not a wasteful person and I feel like I made a really bad decision. This thing doesn't even work. Oh well say lovee. Maybe I can talk DH into getting me a hygeia. Or buy a used one. Thanks for the reply.

Do you think it is defective? Or just not working for you? If it is truly defective, Medela will replace it (if you bought it recently... I think within 90 days?). But since the replacement will be new in the box, you could then return/sell/donate/give away.

I read that like it doesn't work FOR HER...she gets 2 oz using it.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language