Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: i have "weird post of the day" for you

Question i have "weird post of the day" for you

This morning while changing DD diaper, I noticed large white clots on her behind. This was only a pee diaper, no poops. She doesn't usually poop at night. I was wiping her thinking they were cotton or something? MIL like to help out and she buys these ubber cheap diapers that Im not even sure where they come from. So we are currently trying to use those up. Thinking it was cotton I grabbed one and it mushed, like a curd. No smell to it nothing really. I've never seen anything like it. DD is gaining, good outputs, ebf with exception of 3 bottles a week while I work, expressed bm. I have an average diet, I was allergic to dairy before I was pregnant but not now. For her sake I try to stay away from it. I had a time piece of cheese yesterday but I just don't see that doing anything, right? It was really the only dairy I had at all. She is teething, congested nose lately. This was just really weird. Any thoughts?

Default Re: i have "weird post of the day" for you

And she is 4 months old.

cheap diapers? it's the absorbent gel leaking out. examine the diaper itself - you'll probably find the source. this is why one shouldn't put a regular diaper in pools - that gunk leaks out and destroys the filters. i had this happen with gdiaper inserts and didn't like it, but i don't know if it's actually harmful.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

That was my first thought roo, the diaper gel. Happens from time to time.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

There is no gel in the diaper, its like cardboard. You can bend it, its very hard. I think I'm just going to throw them out. They gave her a rash, she's never had one before, and now this. To weird for me. It's probably the material like you guys are saying. Just freaked me out so early in the morning lol. Thank you!

yeah, i'd toss those diapers! you never know what chemicals are used to produce them.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.