Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: AF questions?

Default AF questions?

AF started back last month I have always been very regular..EVERY 28-30 days. I am now a week past due (and no I am not pregnant) but I haven't started either. I had a supply dip and cramped alot yesterday, even spotted a little but that was all. Is it normal to be late or skip periods when BF?

Default Re: AF questions?

It's definitely normal to have wonky cycles while you're nursing. Your hormones have a hard time settling into a regular pattern. If baby nurses more often for several days (like during a growth spurt or illness or no reason at all ), it could delay or make you skip your period.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Default Re: AF questions?

Same thing happened to me. Got my period back about 6 weeks ago, then nothing since. Dealing with a supply dip, too. In my case I think the wonky cycles might be at least partly due to the Mirena IUD I have, but could be BF'ing too. Took a pregnancy test and it's negative (phew!). Anyway, you're not alone
    First-time mama to Joshua, 10/29/11. 29 months and going strong! for 14 months; now finished with pump weaning!