Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Exercise Bra?

Default Exercise Bra?

I am just starting to think about a bit more exercise (going from walking to walk/jog) and I am looking for a good bra. I never really found one I liked with my first son. I have large breasts and a small ribcage. I hate bouncing, especially with my bigger, sore, nursing breasts. I don't necessarily need nursing access in the bra since I will take it off as soon as I finish exercising. I want something that will hold me up and in but not smoosh too much. Anybody have an exercise bra you love?

Default Re: Exercise Bra?

If this bra was a man, I would marry it: http://www.titlenine.com/product/spo...2#.UFU_2aN5mSM
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

and i really liked this one: http://www.titlenine.com/product/313...t#.UFVFBGt5mSM. it ain't pretty but you won't bounce. it is kinda smooshy, though, by design.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

I'm petite and just bought this and I like it although I wish Lululemon made nursing workout tops. http://www.diapers.com/p/la-leche-pu...port-bra-12939 I was a D while pregnant, not sure how much larger while nursing - maybe another size up - and I ordered a medium. It's snug but not uncomfortable. Before pregnancy I was a C cup but could wear XS in Lulu, Nike and other brands.

That said, for me exercise just isn't the same as far as level of intensity while breast feeding. I did finally start running 8 weeks after delivery. Definitely have to nurse / pump first and I don't currently cover a lot of distance. I know long dist runners will pump on their long run days.
    1st time mom over 40 to Alex(andra) b: 7/14/12

I bought a couple of sports bras about 6 months ago, and my favorite is the Enell Maximum Control Wire-Free Sports Bra, but I wear a traditional underwire underneath. There is virtually no bounce, I feel comfortable enough to run (which isn't something I could ever say before).
    I tried out the Moving Comfort Women's Maia Bra, which provides great coverage (ie no cleavage at all), but not as much support even though it is underwire. I also tried Moving Comfort Women's Rebound Racer Bra but this is a boob smusher with less support, although it is very cute.
    Full time working Mom to 3, DH is my hero as a SAHD:
    DS July'09, nursed for 12 weeks
    DD1 & DD2 April'11, tandem nursed for 16 months