Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone else still feeding 5 month old through-out the night?

Default Re: Anyone else still feeding 5 month old through-out the ni

My daughter didn't night wean till 27 mos and that was with extra encouragement from me.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Yes it's normal. My 19 month old does this. Sleep training is better left to 2 YO and beyond. You'll get through it.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Oh Jenna, does this mean I can finally night wean D??

5 months is still so young. My 2 year old still has nights like this and only got a little better around 19 months old. He was consistently up several times a night until then. Sometimes it's comfort and sometimes it's nutrition. Each are equally important to a 5 month old.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

Everyone thank you so much, I feel so much better and you are all amazingly supportive which helps tremendously - I had an extra tough night last night so I do think teeth are coming - aren't they always!

She was wide awake from 2 - 4.30, crying, laughing, nursing, unsettled but I did go back to the comments on this page and that helped me
    a) not cry
    b) get angry at my DH for sleeping
    c) get frustrated at her
    e) drink whiskey

I really do love this forum!!!!!!!!

Does she have a teething necklace? My daughter seemed to benefit from an amber teething necklace. You might research them if you don't have one or want to know more.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

sorry you had a rough night, mama! whiskey and teething necklaces both helped us
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Tanpixie!!!

I love how I think of posting a concern and then Boom! You read my mind and post!

AWW, girl, I am going through the same as you! Please hang in there. When you have those rough nights, just try to remember all the other Mama's in your shoes and know that this too shall pass. I haven't had any real rest in months and I just keep hangin on to the advice in these forums from experienced Mamas with older babies that have BTDT. I do believe it WILL get better for us.

Please try to take naps during the day,,, if you can??? Atl east put your feet up some and 'rest.' It does make a difference for me, even if I dont fall asleep.

I am co-sleeping/bedsharing with my LO at night or I dont know how I would survive. I got that great advice to start bedsharing and sidelying nursing from the start with these wonderful ladies here on the forums.

I need to post my current deal soon,,,, just wanted to let you know I'm right there with ya!

Just a season! RIGHT?

PM me anytime you feel like it.

FTM 4.24.12

Erin

My DD is 7.5 months and she still wakes 2-3 times to eat at night. She goes down at 7/7:30 and is up btwn 10:30 and 12:30 for the first round. She'll wake up, sit up and just talk and fuss until I go in, and I get greeted with a big smile that says "Hey Mama, I'm hungry!" at 3:30 am. I would love to have one of those babies that is BF and sleeps through the night, or even one that just wakes once in the middle to eat - but I think they live in a mystical fairy land. I just keep telling myself that she will someday sleep through. And really, it's all worth it when she's done eating and she plops her head on my shoulder half asleep. I just have to remind myself that before the NEXT one comes along, I'd like to get at least a few months of full night sleeps. Lots of luck - and sleep - to all )