Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any nursing in an Ergo experts? :)

Default Re: Any nursing in an Ergo experts? :)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*colesmommy2 View Post
    I actually had a Bjorn that we used with our son. The reason I switched to the Ergo is because I've done a lot of reading about how traditional carriers (like the Bjorn) are bad for baby's physical development. What I read made so much sense to me that I for rid of the Bjorn and bought the Ergo instead. Yes, it was nice to have DS facing out in the Bjorn but if what I read is accurate then it's just not worth it to me.
    Thanks. I would agree.
    1st time mom over 40 to Alex(andra) b: 7/14/12

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*debbers View Post
    I do not. (in either the boba carrier or the boba wrap). She was 5lbs 13 oz at birth and at 9 wks I have her almost at 10lbs (I think, 2 mos check up is in 5 days) and she doesn't seem large enough to have her legs out yet.
    i'd recommend trying it. i've never an infant in the boba before (got it later) but i know that my Babywearing Institute-certified local babywearing group leader says that they are encouraging no more froggy legs inside, even for the tiniest babies. for mei tais, she recs scrunching the base together wtih a string to the right width so baby's legs can be out.

The mei tai looks promising with practice as the website says. Appears to combine elements of the boba carrier and wrap.
    i LOVE the mt. DS was in it probably 6 hours a day from the day i got it (4 weeks) till 8 months when i went back to work full time. he took 2-3 hour naps in it when he was little, during which i worked part time. learning curve is very short, unlike with ring sling and wrap.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*auderey View Post
    i'd recommend trying it. i've never an infant in the boba before (got it later) but i know that my Babywearing Institute-certified local babywearing group leader says that they are encouraging no more froggy legs inside, even for the tiniest babies.
    I'm no expert, but the froggy leg position has been bothering me from the start, even more so as she's gained weight. That's a lot of pressure downward when bones and joints are trying to develop. Her limit in the carrier has been up to an hour walk, no more, and that's dictated by her. At that point she's clearly ready to get out. I'll try legs out today. Fingers crossed for legs open!

if she's not quite got a wide enough seat for both legs out, try just one, then alternate which leg goes out. fingers crossed!
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Interesting. I froggy legged both kids in a ring sling. Oh well.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

eh, recommendations change quickly. i tried (unsuccessfully) to swaddle DS and only a year later they're saying not to.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*auderey View Post
    eh, recommendations change quickly. i tried (unsuccessfully) to swaddle DS and only a year later they're saying not to.
    I'm with you. The froggy leg thing as an issue was my gut and her behavior telling me it wasn't comfy for her for any length of time. I didn't even know there was a new view on it. Today she has been in a boba wrap for hours but with legs out and she hasnt uttered a complaint. I'm nursing her in it too. Keeping up with the latest and greatest gets a bit ridiculous. And HA my DD is a Houdini in a swaddle, even the miracle blanket. She wants her arms free and I'm not gonna fight it.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*debbers View Post
    Today she has been in a boba wrap for hours but with legs out and she hasnt uttered a complaint. I'm nursing her in it too.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

I got my Ergo when DS was 4 months old, so I never used the insert. But I used to just loosen the straps, lower him a bit, and if necessary scootch him over to the side a tiny bit. But I have large breasts, so getting a good angle was a little more difficult.

I froggy-legged DS in a Moby wrap for a long time, he seemed to prefer that over having his legs dangling. But then, he would lie all froggy-like on our chests while sleeping, too.

Outward facing isn't really recommended for babies. Facing the outside world can be very overstimulating for their developing brains, and when they're outward facing they can't hide or turn away from the stimulation. It may seem like they can't see a lot while facing in, but they can see a fair bit, and most importantly, can protect themselves by shutting out the world when necessary.
    Breastfeeding, babywearing, sci-fi loving, total geek of a mom!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. — Dr. Seuss