Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Snacking?

Post Snacking?

I have a 9 week old baby that seems to be changing her nursing pattern. She has been "snacking" lately and not following her normal feeding. Normal feeding be every 2-3 hours both sides for about 12-20 minutes on each. Now she seems to want only one breast for 15 mins then that is it. What's up with this?
    We just had her check up and she has been growing and diaper out put has been fine.

Default Re: Snacking?

What's up with this is that your LO is a baby, and every time you get used to something, she's going to change EVERYTHING.

In case you're concerned, there's nothing wrong with "snacking". It gets a bad rep from people who claim that babies should eat "meals" and not "snack"- but their assumptions about what babies "should" be doing are based on the behavior of formula-fed infants. Small, frequent meals (a.k.a. snacks) are the norm for breastfed babies, because breastmilk digests quickly and completely, and because infant tummies are tiny.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

okay but will it effect my supply?

Feeding on demand never does anything to your supply except to allow it to grow to, remain at, or decrease to the exact right level for your baby's needs.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"