Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Didn't have to pump at 4:30am - she nursed!

Default Didn't have to pump at 4:30am - she nursed!

Hi mamas. Just wanted to share. (Backstory - DD doesn't nurse during the day while awake - I can only dreamfeed her around 10pm before I go to bed. When she wakes around 3-ish she will only take a bottle and then I pump before I go back to bed. I used to dreamfeed her more freqently during the night but felt like it was starting to be disruptive to her and interfere with her sleep). She slept a little longer last night and when I heard her stirring I quickly went to her and latched her on before she fully woke - my breasts were so full from the longer stretch of sleep (so the milk practically just poured into her mouth) that she nursed very well then went back to sleep. I didn't have to pump!!

I'd been hanging onto that 10pm dreamfeed every night to keep her nursing - even just once a day (she gets bottles of EBM at daycare) - in the hopes that she might nurse a little more "normally" someday. This may or may not happen again, but I'm so thankful for this!
    Blessed with DS - born 9/2/09 - nursed/pumped for 12 months
    Blessed with DD - born 3/27/12 my dreamfeeder

903 ounces donated.
    http://www.wakemed.org/landing.cfm?id=135

Default Re: Didn't have to pump at 4:30am - she nursed!

awesome!!!! It's amazing what happens when you just keep at it huh! Great job keeping at it mama!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

that's wonderful!! such a nice thing to hear mama

ya! congrats!! We have very similar situations and I too am hoping my lo becomes a professional nurser someday! Its so great to hear stories like these-gives me hope!!! congrats again!

woo-hoo!
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.