Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Stomach bug

Default Stomach bug

I think I have the stomach flu, IE I have all the disgusting symptoms I wont give deets yall get it. Will this effect my milk to her? She won't get anything will she? She seems to be pooping a lot more than usual.

Default Re: Stomach bug

Keep nursing. Your milk is full of antibodies to whatever illness you have, and it won't be full of germs that will make your LO sick. If your LO gets sick, it's much more likely to happen due to the usual means of microbe transfer: fecal-oral transmission from improperly washed hands, droplet spray from a sneeze or cough. If you're worried about making your LO sick, rigorous hygiene and continued nursing is your best hope.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Thank You.

Went through this back in april except ds gave it to me. Thought he was just teething until I got sick. it was kind of one of those defining moments of my motherhood thus far. Really? I can't call in sick from being a mom? I have to act like I'm not dying?! Hope you feel better soon!