I am just starting to pump a little bit each day. With no other resources, I am stumped with a few questions. I have a medela pump.
1. Every third to fourth time, you are supposed to sterilize the equipment, but do you have to sterilize the bottle that you pump into or it is okay to wash it in soap and water every time (I pump into a bottle and then pour it into a medela bag)?
2. How are you supposed to store the tubing? I know you don't have to sterilize it unless milk gets in there but what if you drop it on the floor? Is it safe to put in the bag, or should I keep it in a plastic baggie?
3. Can you store milk in the fridge for a couple of days and then freeze it when you see that it may not get used in time?
4. If you take a bottle of milk out of the fridge, can it stay at room temp for a few hours if not heated up?
5. Can you switch boobs with the same pump/tubing immediately without washing anything off?
6. How do you clean equipment if you are in a place with no soap and water, i.e. a car or work?
7. Where do most people store the milk if having to pump at work?
These were a few things I could not find on the internet or instructions. Thanks for your help! Please add anything else I may have missed.