Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Support on building freezer storage

Default Support on building freezer storage

Hello

I will be leaving my EBF 7 1/2 month old baby girl for a little over 24 hours in about a month. I want to have around 30 oz to leave with my mother-in-law. I have that now but thats it. I know I will have some replacement milk from pumping while im away but for safe measures I would like to store up because I do work a bit and need the back up a few times a
    week. The advise I have gotten is to pump after each morning feeding. My concern is that at this point she has regulated me so that there is not alot of extra to pump like when she was newborn. Just wondering if there are any other suggestions. Also a part of me is not looking forward to strapping on the pump early morning either i guess it could be worse

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Support on building freezer storage

yeah, it's no fun, but if you pump every morning eventually your body will increase production and make milk for you. you've got plenty of time for that now.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Default Re: Support on building freezer storage

I pump right after morning feeding and also about 2 hours after he goes to bed at night, when I first started I maybe got 1 oz each time and now after being consistent I get at least 3 oz out of each side both pumpings. Sometimes now I'll skip the morning pumping or night if it was a long day but as long as I stay somewhat consistent now i don't lose supply. It took about 2 weeks to get built up. I hope this helps.