Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pediatrician told me my baby is too fat...

Default Re: Pediatrician told me my baby is too fat...

I definitely recommend the Johns Hopkins plan if it's convenient for you. Everybody I know has really loved the Johns Hopkins primary care, I have heard nothing bad. We go to the one in Odenton, but I assume the quality is the same across the network. Like I said, we have a pediatrician who specializes in integrative/holistic medicine and she's been great. My husband and both the kids go there, and we have yet to have a bad experience. I have never been to Andrews, but it sounds like it's for the best. Since I'm the active duty member, I have to get my healthcare at the Army clinic on Ft Meade and that one is really bad too.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

Default Re: Pediatrician told me my baby is too fat...

That sort of bad advice from the ped--medical advice, not just parenting advice--makes my blood boil. I wonder how the ped would feel if starved for a few days, without knowing when the next meal was coming, and told to STFU anytime he asked for sustenance. I suppose that would be a lesson in adult "self-soothing".

Power to you mama for having the wherewithal to find a competent doctor! Your baby is lucky to have a strong, informed mother.

*End chest pounding*