Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: So how do you night nurse while cosleeping?

Default So how do you night nurse while cosleeping?

When I got up this morning, I realized I couldn't remember how many times I'd nursed or switched sides. I'm pretty sure I did switch sides. I think he is nursing more at night now at 12 weeks than he did at 8/9 weeks. Maybe he is learning it's there for him whenever he wants.

Default Re: So how do you night nurse while cosleeping?

Or he is going thru the 12 week growth spurt.

Way too lazy for formula

I'm confused about what your question is I thought you're asking literally what position you take when bed sharing and nursing are you asking a different question?

I guess do you keep track of how long your baby nurses on each side?

I think by 12 weeks it's very much okay to relax and stop tracking which side and how long baby is nursing, especially at night. If one side is engorged or painful in the morning, start with that side for your first morning nursing, but other than that it doesn't really matter that much. That's part of the beauty of nursing while cosleeping; you don't really have to think much about it.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Nope. I don't keep track of how long she's nursed. I just latch her on one side, fall asleep and then later when she wakes up again, latch her onto the other side. When my girls were tiny babies, I paid attention to if they slept more than 3 hours - well, with Trixie anyway, she actually did sleep in about a 5 hour block as a newborn. But since they werre about a month or so, I didn't pay attention to that. And now, with Trixie at 19 months, she just tells me in the middle of the night if she wants to switch sides. Otherwise, I just keep nursing her on whatever side is still out.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Yeah I never paid that much attention during the night ( although I had to get up to pump for her own nursing strike/my low supply issues) for her nursing I'd just side lie and then next time she'd wake up I'd roll over on my other side.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

I never paid attention, we didn't have any weight gain or low supply concerns. I just wanted as much sleep as possible. Ds is odd though and won't latch on the side we were sleeping on prior to waking up. We have to roll over every time. But now rolling over is sometimes all it takes to put him back to sleep.

I never paid attention to which side I last nursed my baby on because I am way to tired. When I wake I just use whatever boob is fuller.