Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So what do *normal* babies do? :)

Default Re: So what do *normal* babies do? :)

LOL Define normal?

Nursing constantly, sleeping on my lap, making dirty diapers.

Trust me, when they start having more waking hours, that's rough too. They don't play really, they just stare at you. Not eating, not sleeping. I had a hard time looking at them and wondering what to do with them.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*amysmom View Post
    Trust me, when they start having more waking hours, that's rough too. They don't play really, they just stare at you. Not eating, not sleeping. I had a hard time looking at them and wondering what to do with them.
    You set them under a ceiling fan, of course.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

That ceiling fan. Trippy.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*zaynethepain View Post
    Oh yeah the swing is just an expensive booby trap to stub your toe. It quickly took its place in the basement with the oh so useless bassinet. I hadn't figured out zayne's milk allergy at that point so he was only sleeping twenty-sixty minutes at a time before screaming in pain for ten minutes, then nurse back to sleep and start the cycle anew. He did like to sit outside when he was alert.
    I feel that way about the crib. The only creature who has ever slept in it is the cat. I will say my DD has napped in the swing. I've completed some successful transfers from my tummy, arms or shoulder.
    1st time mom over 40 to Alex(andra) b: 7/14/12

My cosleeper was basically a glorified storage area/dog bed with my first. This time around, Maggie will sleep in it for like one or two hours a night, tops, so yeah.

We basically ended up converting our crib to a toddler bed and that was the FIRST time it was used for Joe. When he was two. And only for part of the night. He still tends to start out and end up in our bed every night.

What's getting me about Maggie these days is that she not only wants to be held all the time when awake, she wants to be walked around. It's not enough that I hold her, I have to be touring different parts of the house and garden to keep her majesty entertained. Preferably incorporating dance moves into my routine. If I dare to stop, she squawks imperiously.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*joe.s.mom View Post
    My cosleeper was basically a glorified storage area/dog bed with my first. This time around, Maggie will sleep in it for like one or two hours a night, tops, so yeah.

We basically ended up converting our crib to a toddler bed and that was the FIRST time it was used for Joe. When he was two. And only for part of the night. He still tends to start out and end up in our bed every night.

What's getting me about Maggie these days is that she not only wants to be held all the time when awake, she wants to be walked around. It's not enough that I hold her, I have to be touring different parts of the house and garden to keep her majesty entertained. Preferably incorporating dance moves into my routine. If I dare to stop, she squawks imperiously.
    I just realized Maggie is only 5 days older than my DD Alex. I'm saving our crib for a toddler bed too. Yes, people in motion is good. Stopping is bad. Thus we have THREE slings and I swap for both indoor and outdoor use - a Boba carrier (great for mom or dad, but hot if it's too hot out), a Boba wrap (LOVE the concept but this thing sucks - miles of fabric and I'm 5'2" and I pretty much have to hold her to my chest) and a Balboa sling (I love this, but I don't lay her in it b/c of dangers so she sits facing out or in and I still need to support her with a hand. That said it works for walks, takes her weight off me and doing one handed tasks in the house). She's still not cooperative in the car seat - therefore the stroller is basically a doorstop or grocery carrier- so honestly I'll buy a 4th sling if I find something that beats all these.

HUGE trick my friend taught me. When you're tired of nursing, tired of walking, tired of crying (her or you ) and putting her down is out of the question, hold her and bounce gently on an exercise ball. It freaking works, I can't believe it. Not indefinitely, but it gives you a break, which is welcome as she gets heavier and holding is harder.
    1st time mom over 40 to Alex(andra) b: 7/14/12

I do lunges and squats, in hopes that calming my fussy baby will also help me get my figure back.

You can call me JoMo!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*joe.s.mom View Post
    And yeah, the ceiling fan is really popular around here. I'm pretty sure Maggie's thinking "Mama, stop making funny faces at me so that I can go back to looking at that ceiling fan, which is TOTALLY BLOWING MY MIND."
    It's definitely more popular than the mobile. Now I just need one over the diaper table...my aunt used to change diapers on her dining room table because it had a chandelier over it.

They build fantastic brains and bodies, often while turning their mothers into combination sofa-gyroscopes with a 24/7 milkshake bar!