Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Ahhhhhhhhh....

Red face Ahhhhhhhhh....

Yesterday I couldn't nurse LO as much as usual after school, bc I had a meetig, blah blah blah...by the time I got home with the kids at 7pm, one breast was engorged and the other, which she'd nursed from a little at about 430, had a big, painful knot near the armpit (blocked? Idk). I told DH, "I have to go nurse her NOW," and we scurried off to lie down and nurse, first on the knotted side, then the engorged side.

Now to my point: Is there ANYTHING (other than, uh, sex) that feels SOOOOO good as to have relief from that kind of pain and discomfort? I mean, half an hour later, I was wallowing in good hormones and soft breasts and a sleepy happy baby and...

Well, anyway. Just wanted to throw that out there.
    ---Josie

Proud mommy of 2 boys and a baby girl!

DS Owen, DOB 10/28/6, 6 lb 4oz, adopted from Guatemala, home forever 8/1/6 (we met him at 4w old! Mommy lived w/him in Guatemala from 5/28/6 till he came home!)

DS Ian, DOB 8/6/8 via C-sec., 9 lb!
    BF for 22 mo.

DD born via vbac 11/25/11!

Default Re: Ahhhhhhhhh....

True. It is a huge relief.

However, you may want to travel with at least a manual breast pump. Things happen. Meetings happen. Traffic happens. You don't want it to affect your supply or risk more blocked ducts. Quickly ducking out to pump will protect your BFing relationship going forward.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Oh my yes. I have a hospital grade pump I rented but I leave it at school (I teach). There's a little hand pump in there that I WILL be keeping with me AT ALL TIMES from now on!

Traffic never happens here in the middle of nowhere!
    ---Josie

Proud mommy of 2 boys and a baby girl!

DS Owen, DOB 10/28/6, 6 lb 4oz, adopted from Guatemala, home forever 8/1/6 (we met him at 4w old! Mommy lived w/him in Guatemala from 5/28/6 till he came home!)

DS Ian, DOB 8/6/8 via C-sec., 9 lb!
    BF for 22 mo.

DD born via vbac 11/25/11!

Car breakdowns.... If you're prepared, it won't happen. If you're not prepared, it will. Mom's Law.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*amysmom View Post
    Car breakdowns.... If you're prepared, it won't happen. If you're not prepared, it will. Mom's Law.
    Oh gosh. So true. The Murphy's Law of Mom.

I have a hand pump, but of course, every time I really needed it, I had forgotten it somewhere. So then I'd get desperate, run to Target, and buy another one. Rinse repeat. That's the other Murphy's Law of Mom.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.