Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Crying before BM, normal at 8 weeks?

Default Crying before BM, normal at 8 weeks?

Hi there! My LO still cries terribly before a BM or to pass gas. I'm wondering if this is normal at 8 weeks or could it still be my breastmilk? Her poops range from mustard yellow to green. I have overactive letdown which I've (thanks to the help from this site) gotten better control over. I've eliminated dairy, cabbage, and beans. I can't seem to pinpoint any specific food I eat that is making the green poops btw (every once in a while it will just be green!). I also religiously burp her. Thank you all so much for your help

Default Re: Crying before BM, normal at 8 weeks?

Still totally normal, and probably completely unrelated to your milk. Some babies just find using the bottom end of their digestive system very upsetting, and won't let a poop or a toot go by without letting the world know about that alarming sensation!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

ooh hilarious!! thanks mommal!!! what a relief.. you've helped me soo much btw on my post weeks ago on overactive letdown. thanks for the support!!!!

This sounds like totally normal behavior for a 8 week old. I doubt it's anything you're eating or has anything to do with your milk at all.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

My 7 week old practically rips my nipple off in the mornings grunting and wiggling through the first poop of the day! It's terrible and I wonder when she will start to be less sensitive to the gastrocolic reflex. I keep telling her if she has problems with liquid poop life is going to be really hard!

I actually took mine to the doctor around 7 weeks for that same problem.. I was so worried about her bc it seemed like it really hurt her to poop or pass gas. The doctor said her digestive system is still immature & it should get better with age. Right around 9 weeks I noticed she just didnt cry any more, only grunts & pushes! I hope your baby girl gets there soon!!!