Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How much water or juice does your baby drink?

Default How much water or juice does your baby drink?

I don't give my 12 month old juice, but was wondering how much water you give them.

Default Re: How much water or juice does your baby drink?

I keep three sippies of water in the fridge in easy reach for ds. I always offer my cup or he demands/steals. Oh and the dog's water dish is also always an option. So I couldn't give you a number but he still nurses 6+ times a day at 14mo

Any juice?

We only offered water to DS until probably 18-20 months, and then the juice was half water/half juice (all no sugar added). I never really saw a need for juice. DS still nursed whenever we were together (about 3-4 times at least a day). He tended to ask to nurse when he was thirsty rather than for a drink. While at sitters he was offered water, and it was always within his reach or eye-sight to ask for. He might have drank 3 sippys a day?
    FT working momma to a 9/11/10 busy boy and 11/13/12 happy little man.
    Also wife to hubs since 8/23/08, bonus momma to H (girl) -99 and G (boy)-03
    Our family blog
    And my own blog

Are you thinking you should add juice? You don't have to. It's not really good for them - even with no sugar added - it's just sugar as it is.

My kids don't get much juice at all - maybe 4 ounces a week at the most. Although Trixie calls most drinks juice. As far as water - Trixie gets as much as she wants, I have no idea how much that is. Probably 10 to 12 ounces or more per day.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

DD is 14 months, nurses 4-5 times a day and drinks about 10-15 oz of water a day. Like others I try to make sure it's usually available, but I tend to lose where she leaves her sippy and I don't think to look for it until meal time lol.

How do your LOs get this water? Is it with meals and snacks only, or do you leave sippies out and around for them? DS is 13 months and on the weekends (we work full time) he only nurses about four times a day, and drinks during meals and snacks. He's only just now getting mobile so it isn't like he'll walk or crawl to a sippy cup. I'm worried I'm not offering enough fluids. At daycare he gets his drinks with meals and snacks.
    First-time mom to Markus, August 17, 2011.

No juice until after 2 years of age. And even then.....Very little. But after 8months old I started offering my child water with all solid meals. 8months was when he mastered drinking out of a straw so that is when we started doing it. I wanted him to expect water with meals. And he is now 6.5 years old and drinks water with dinner every night and goes to school with water in his thermos almost every day. Juice is for parties or special occasions.

Way too lazy for formula

And we cut it with Sparling water so he thinks it's quite special

Way too lazy for formula

I don't think my dd ever drank juice until she was 3? I don't keep it in the house. My son, hasn't had any, he drinks very little water. Like an ounce maybe. He likes to spit it all over the place instead.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby