Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: best manual hand pump?

Default best manual hand pump?

what do you think is the best manual hand pump?

thanks for any suggestions.

Default Re: best manual hand pump?

I loved/love my Avent Isis. I had the best success with that little hand pump. I was better able to do breast compressions while pumping with it and had greater output using it than my Medela PISA.
    JoEllen married to Jason 10-29-2005.

Mama to Logan 12-26-2007
    Breastfed for 2 years and weaned on his own terms

Our Lincoln 6-11-2011 to 9-12-2011
    my homebirthed-water baby, who was born with a broken heart

And our special blessing, Leonidas 9-5-2012. A toddler who loves his "boops!"

Come visit our blog here!

SURPRISE!!! We caught the first PP egg and are currently baking #4! Due to arrive late-Jan/early-Feb

And by contrast, if I had to use a manual handpump I think I'd die. My favorite manual handpump is a double electric.

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*ohiomama View Post
    I loved/love my Avent Isis. I had the best success with that little hand pump. I was better able to do breast compressions while pumping with it and had greater output using it than my Medela PISA.
    I use an Avent Isis exclusively and prefer it to an electric, and I WOH full time. One tip- for me, the clear silicone attachment that goes over the horn was useless. I use it without. Might work for a smaller breasted lady, though.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

I normally use the Medela Freestyle (double-electric) but have had the Harmony manual pump as a backup - it has worked just fine for me for occasional use.

I have a double electric pump for work but I get great output when needed from the Medela Harmony.

I also found that using the angled flange made by Pumpin Pal is much more comfortable for manual pumping (allows you to hold your hand at a more comfortable angle) and on the Harmony it just substitutes for the regular flange.
    Ali
    Mama to M, BF 17mo
    and H, born Feb '12

I'm currently PAK using the EvenFlo Manual It's cheap but I use it when I get home from work before bed and get just as much as I do from my Avent Isis iQ Duo.
    Daniel Keith + Rachel Joy = Leonel Dante [4/13/2012]

I use(d) the Medela Harmony as needed and have been happy with it. There are definite benefits to using a manual pump sometimes - not having to plug anything in or have a big setup is awesome! However I am a SAHM so I wasn't pumping at work or for extended periods. I got rid of my first one when my daughter weaned but bought a second one not too long ago when I needed it for my son.
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.